Mr. Ward is the founding author of the legal blog “Anticipate This!” which provides light commentary on the practice of patent law, trademark law, and science & technology.
He is also the Webmaster for the Toledo Intellectual Property Law Association (TIPLA).
- They Invented What? (No. 124) January 10, 2020Originally posted on Anticipate This!™ | Patent and Trademark Law Blog: U.S. Pat. No. 5,419,345: Hairpiece. What is claimed is: 1. A hairpiece attachment device for attaching a hairpiece to a central scalp bald area of a user’s head, said device comprising: a first component attachable to said central scalp bald area, said first…
- They Invented What? (No. 123) December 21, 2019Originally posted on Anticipate This!™ | Patent and Trademark Law Blog: U.S. Pat. No. 7,258,592: Santa Claus visit kit. JW Note: Wishing a Happy Holidays to all! See you in 2009! What is claimed is: 1. A kit for creating an illusion that suggests a Santa Claus visit in a premises, said kit comprising: …
- Ward Law Office launches video series for inventors, small businesses December 16, 2019Originally posted on Tiffin-Seneca Economic Partnership: Information provided by Ward Law Office Ward Law Office, located in the Historic Laird Arcade in Tiffin, has recently launched a new video series for inventors, entrepreneurs, and small businesses, Patently Good Ideas. The initial set of videos explains the three basic steps that every inventor should […]
- They Invented What? (No. 122) December 11, 2019Originally posted on Anticipate This!™ | Patent and Trademark Law Blog: U.S. Pat. No. 4,432,545: Non-lethal cock fighting system. What is claimed is: 1. Apparatus for conducting and scoring cock fights between two combating birds, said apparatus comprising, in combination: (a) individual switch means mounted upon each leg of each bird in place […]
- Presenting “You Don’t Need a Patent If…” to the Grand Rapids Inventors Network (GRIN) in Grand Rapids, MI, on December 10, 2019. December 4, 2019December 10th Meeting You Don’t Need a Patent If… Do you need a patent to be a successful inventor, entrepreneur, or business owner? Must you have a patent to protect your intellectual property? Patent Attorney Jacob M. Ward will introduce us to some scenarios of where an inventor just might not need a patent! Join […]