Mr. Ward is the founding author of the legal blog “Anticipate This!” which provides light commentary on the practice of patent law, trademark law, and science & technology.
He is also the Webmaster for the Toledo Intellectual Property Law Association (TIPLA).
- They Invented What? (No. 39) March 14, 2018U.S. Pat. No.6,702,582: Device and method for solving circles. JW Note: In honor of Pi Day. We hope you celebrated on time (3/14 at 1:59 PM . . . Einstein’s Birthday). What is claimed is: 1. A device for visually demonstrating a characteristic of a circle, comprising: a cylindrical container having a body and […]
- USPTO’s 10 Million Patents Website March 12, 2018As we rapidly approach the issuance of U.S. Patent No. 10,000,000, the USPTO is taking full advantage of the opportunity educate the public about the history and importance of patents to the United States, and to generate excitement about the U.S. patent system in general. Check out this new website: https://10millionpatents.uspto.gov/, and the associated vi […]
- New Patent Design Unveiled – March 11, 2018 March 11, 2018The USPTO unveiled today the new patent grant cover at a special South by Southwest (SXSW) event, and discussed the significance and history of the document with intellectual property stakeholders and the press. Below are images of the new patent grant cover taken at the presentation (left) and the previous cover (right). This is only the second time in a [ […]
- They Invented What? (No. 38) March 10, 2018Originally posted on Anticipate This!™ | Patent and Trademark Law Blog: JW Note: Sometimes I worry about the progress of science and the useful arts. U.S. Pat. No. 4,666,425: Device for perfusing an animal head. Abstract: This invention involves a device, referred to herein as a “cabinet,” which provides physical and biochemical support for an animal’s… […]
- Empowering Innovation with the USPTO, hosted by the University of Toledo, College of Law – March 6, 2018 March 4, 2018The Toledo Bar Association and Toledo IPLA are co-sponsoring a free CLE program with representatives from the USPTO on March 6, 2018, hosted by the University of Toledo, College of Law. Details below.