Mr. Ward is the founding author of the legal blog “Anticipate This!” which provides light commentary on the practice of patent law, trademark law, and science & technology.
He is also the Webmaster for the Toledo Intellectual Property Law Association (TIPLA).
- They Invented What? (No. 105) July 18, 2019Originally posted on Anticipate This!™ | Patent and Trademark Law Blog: U.S. Pat. No. 6,075,756: Time pop. What is claimed is: 1. A time pop which comprises a watch which indicates a lapse of a time period, a candy lollipop secured to one end of said watch. 2. A time pop as set…
- They Invented What? (No. 104) July 11, 2019Originally posted on Anticipate This!™ | Patent and Trademark Law Blog: U.S. Pat. No. 5,926,857: Armor with rollers. What is claimed is: 1. An armor with rollers enabling a user to move in all positions by rolling on a hard and smooth surface, while constantly varying his bearing points on the surface, the armor…
- Presenting “You Don’t Need a Patent If…” at the Detroit Public Library in Detroit, MI – July 13, 2019. July 9, 2019Inventor’s Meet & Greet by Detroit Public Library Date and Time Sat, July 13, 2019 10:30 AM – 12:30 PM EDT Add to Calendar Location Main | Detroit Public Library 5201 Woodward Avenue Detroit, MI 48202 View Map Description Join us for coffee, snacks and conversation with other inventors and invention professionals. This will be […]
- They Invented What? (No. 103) June 26, 2019Originally posted on Anticipate This!™ | Patent and Trademark Law Blog: US. Pat. No. 6,295,668: Maternity beach chair. What is claimed is: 1. A beach chair comprising: a rectangularly-shaped frame member, said frame member including a first section, a second section, and a third section, each section having respective first and second ends; […]
- 2019 Michigan Inventors Expo – Thursday, August 29th in Lansing, Michigan June 25, 2019Meet Stephen Key, Co-Founder of IGA, Jacob Ward, a registered patent attorney, Kedma Ough, author of Target Funding, and Ken Johnson, inventor of the famous card game, Phase 10! The Michigan Inventors Coalition is proud to announce this year’s 7th Annual Michigan Inventors Expo, co-hosted with Inventors Groups of America! Join us on Thursday, August […]